Warpstock Europe 2015 update

(DE) Informationen und Einladungen zu OS/2 & eCS Usertreffen
(EN) Informations and invitations for OS/2 & eCS Meetings
Antworten
roderickklein

Warpstock Europe 2015 update

Beitrag von roderickklein »

Anyway the website for Warpstock Europe is coming together. About 2 months ago I had 2 people who could help out with Warpstock Europe but they could no commit really. But that was not because they did not want to... They where extremely busy. So I organized the event myself.

* The current archive pages will stay up on typo3. But next year we will have a new website running on Wordpress or Joomla.
That way the pages will be up quicker! It took a lot of work to update Typo3.

* Tomorrow May 18th I will update the pages with most of the presenters and presentations.
For people who can not make it to Warpstock Europe 2015. An MP3 audio stream will be offered. The program of which presentations will be streamed
will be published next week. For details please visit: http://www.warpstock.eu/en/agenda/live_ ... tream.html

* Over the last couple of years it was possible to buy a ticket at the event. This is no longer possible as a volunteer had to sit behind a table waiting for people. Also the VOICE foundation (www.os2voice.org) does not have any cash money. Also I need to indicate to the hostel in advanced how many people are coming so they can provide enough coffee and tea! Hence the reason you need to reserve your access in advanced!

* Also note that lunch _cannot_ be purchased at the hostel. I was clearly told by the booking office of A&O hostels
this is not possible!

So you need to buy your access in advanced via:
https://www.arcanoae.com/shop/warpstock ... 15-access/

The reason Arca Noae deals with the bookings is because they sponsor VOICE partly to organize Warpstock Europe 2015.

* The following speakers will make a presentation(s) at WarpStock Europe 2015:

David Azarewicz, participant in Arca Noae LLC
Roderick Klein, chairman of the VOICE International
Steve Levine, independant OS/2 developer (remote via Skype)
Keith Merrington, OS/2 developer
Lewis Rosenthal, participant in Arca Noae LLC
Gregg Young, independant OS/2 developer

Program and topics of the presentations will be added to the website tonight and tomorow.

Hope to see you at Warpstock Europe 2015 in Munich on the 6 and 7th of June. For more information please visit www.warpstock.eu.

Regards,

Roderick Klein
President OS/2 VOICE
Sigurd
Beitrag von Sigurd »

I will be there on Saturday.

Looking forward to meet especially the overseas developers.

Wer plant ebenfalls einen Besuch dort?
OS/2 versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!
ak120
Beitrag von ak120 »

Warum muß man sich für Warpstock Europe in Amerika anmelden?
Guzzi

Beitrag von Guzzi »

Mann muss sich in Amerika anmelden weil Arca Noae Warpstock Europe sponsort und Zahlungen ueber die wedseite annehmen kann. AN macht dass auch fuer Voice Sponsoreinheiten. Es ist einfach den bequaemsten und einfachsten Weg das zu machen.

Ich werde Samstag und Sonntag da sein.
ak120
Beitrag von ak120 »

Sehr bequem und einfach finde ich die Zahlungsmöglichkeiten, welche keine außeramerikanische Option zulassen. Einfacher wäre es gewesen, vor Ort den Hut herumgehen zu lassen.
Guzzi

Beitrag von Guzzi »

Roderick hat schon geschrieben wieso nur voranmeldungen moeglich sind. Wenn es wirklich ein Problem ist mit Paypal oder Creditcard (beide heutzutage eher internationale als Amerikanische Zahlumngsmittel) zu zahlen, schreibe mich Privat an, Ich werde die Zahlung machen, du kannst mir auf Bank ueberweisen. Fuer ein Einzelfall kann ich dass machen.
ThomasOF
Beitrag von ThomasOF »

Habe mich soeben angemeldet. Beide Tage.
roderickklein

ak120 » Wed 27. May 2015, 07:22 hat geschrieben:Sehr bequem und einfach finde ich die Zahlungsmöglichkeiten, welche keine außeramerikanische Option zulassen. Einfacher wäre es gewesen, vor Ort den Hut herumgehen zu lassen.
Sorry I answer in English.

Look its an event that almost costs nothing for the entry and the lunch! The event cost is 800 Euro to organize and the VOICE board wants to receover the cost, if its possible.

If you find the payment methods "American". It took me 1 _minute_ to search Google and findout that also in Germany, just like in the Netherlands, you can "couple" your bank account to Paypal. And voila you can buy your access.

I have the impression you want to pay with a bank transfer to Arca Noae, but that is extremely expensive for you and Arca Noae. I asked Lewis Rosenthal. But international wire transfers for 50 Dollars would cost a fortune!

Besides if you want to buy something on the internet, get a credit card. And if you do not like creditcards, get a debit card.
On that debit card you can safely deposit an X amount of Euro's. And if the card gets emptied by cyber criminnals, its only that amount that you loose. Besides all cases of credit card fraud get paid back to customers quit fast.

Anyway its 2015 and I do not consider creditcards or Paypal "American" payments. Welcome to the modern day of payments systems. Plenty of ways to pay SAFELY online.

Regards,

Roderick Klein
President OS/2 VOICE
ak120
Beitrag von ak120 »

There is no doubt that paypal works quite reliable in common cases. But according to the troubles you have in case of account blocking because of international affairs I have strange experiences.

Leider lohnt sich für mich die lange Anreise in den Süden nicht - bei 10 bis 12 Stunden Reisezeit - bin noch aus der letzten Woche streikgegeschädigt.
Thomas Müller

Beitrag von Thomas Müller »

Sigurd » Di 26. Mai 2015, 20:23 hat geschrieben:I will be there on Saturday.

Looking forward to meet especially the overseas developers.

Wer plant ebenfalls einen Besuch dort?
Ich werde auch am Samstag den Tag über dort sein. Würde mich freuen möglichst viele bekannte Gesichter dort wieder zu sehen.
Bis dann.

Thomas
Andi B.
Beitrag von Andi B. »

Ich werde auch da sein.
roderickklein

Warpstock Europe 2015, the OS/2 conference organized by the Dutch OS/2 foundation and sponsored by the OS/2 only company Arca Noae LLC, will be held in Munich on the 6th and 7th of June.
For more information visit the website http://www.warpstock.eu

You can reserve your Warpstock Europe 2015 *with* lunch until tomorrow
18:00 Berlin time (1st of June)!

You can *not* pay for Warpstock Europe access at the event itself.

Again its not possible (according to A&O hostels) to book your lunch when you arrive at the event.

You can book your access via the website of Arca Noae:
https://www.arcanoae.com/shop/warpstock ... 15-access/

I have talked to A&O hostels and tickets for access to Warpstock Europe can be sold *WITHOUT* lunch until the 3th of June.
I need to let the hostel now how many visitors are coming so they know how much coffee and tea for during conference they need to provide.

Hope to you see at Warpstock Europe 2015 in Munich.

Regards,

Roderick Klein
President OS/2 VOICE
roderickklein

On the 6th and 7th of June 2015 in Munich, Warpstock Europe 2015 will be organized by the Dutch OS/2 foundation. Sponsored by Arca Noae LLC.

If you can not make it to the event you can always tune in to the audio stream. For more information how set this up please visit:
http://www.warpstock.eu/en/agenda/live_ ... tream.html

One reason for not waiting for the video's/audio tracks to be put onto Youtube is because during the live broadcast, you will be able to ask questions via IRC! Again see above link for details how to access the IRC channel.

Last week I was approached by Udo Schneider from Munich who has offered to setup a video stream at Warpstock Europe. We are still working out details! Thanks for wanting to help out Udo!

We will send a new press release if that happens. But the first place where you can find details of where you can follow such a video stream will be placed on the above URL!

Hope you can tune into the audio/video stream!
Please take into account the time difference!

Regards,

Roderick Klein
President OS/2 VOICE
Antworten