More on new OS/2 developments

(DE) Neuigkeiten zu den Themen OS/2, eCS, und dem OS/2-Forum
(EN) News about OS/2, eCS and the OS/2 Forum
Antworten
guzzi

More on new OS/2 developments

Beitrag von guzzi »

A message by Lewis Rosenthat on OS2world

I posted a message a week or so ago concerning my plans to start a new organization focused entirely on OS/2 products and services. For those of you who may have missed that, the gist was that little in the way of new OS/2 products or releases have been made available in the past year or so, and that there seems to be a need in the community for new applications and updates. I was able to locate several contributors of time and resources and get them to come together to form a new company which will be focused on this market, maintaining strong ties to the user community, and dedicated to maintaining the viability of OS/2 on modern hardware.

I also said that I would have further announcements. Today, I'd like to share with you some more details of some of the team working to bring new and updated technology to the platform.

We are working closely with bww bitwise works GmbH in Austria. Bitwise ports software to eCS such as Java and QT, and is directly involved in the current work to update Firefox for eCS. Also, other developers such as Steven Levine and David Azarewicz have committed to providing time and code for the new company.

We are also working to help make Warpstock Europe 2014 happen this year, and while date and location have not yet been set, we are committed to making details public in the near future.

Many people have come forward offering support and asking what they may do to help. Rest assured, as we move forward, we will stay in touch and will advise when we need assistance. We greatly appreciate the response we've received so far, with so many willing to donate to this project. Stay tuned!

All the best.

Lewis
Antworten