VisproRexx & ODBC

(DE) Anwendungen für Office, Multimedia und Spiele, Werkzeuge, Hilfsprogramme, etc
(EN) Applications for Office, Multimedia or Games, Tools, Utilities, e.g.
Antworten
raiko

VisproRexx & ODBC

Beitrag von raiko »

Hi,

Just wonder if anyone is using VisproRexx and ODBC (dBase/dbf)?
If so, which odbc drivers are you using?
wilfried
Beitrag von wilfried »

Hi,

I am using VisproRexx with DB2 and mysql. REXX/SQL is the functionpackage for that.
I have no experience with dbase/dbf together with REXX.
raiko

Beitrag von raiko »

I made a test with DB2 and that works, but I have a lot of dbf files that I need to work with.
Got curious when you mentioned mysql. Did you succeed in creating a template dbd with the Vispro
database designer or are you coding "manually"?

By the way, WDSibyl is also an option but I need some samples to get started, and of course,
which odbc drivers to use. Did try with unixODBC 010 but it does not work properly with my dbf-files.
wilfried
Beitrag von wilfried »

Got curious when you mentioned mysql. Did you succeed in creating a template dbd with the Vispro
database designer or are you coding "manually"?
Yes, manually.
ak120
Beitrag von ak120 »

Maybe to some point manually. I don't know about availibility of Rexx libraries that ease the dealing with dbf-files. I remember there have been two commercial products for those purposes - one of them was DbfREXX from dSOFT. But I simply use Excel or FoxPro under Win-OS/2. It should be possible to read them also with Lotus 1-2-3 Datalens drivers or Approach.
raiko

Beitrag von raiko »

I have some Rexx libraries that can be used, and bypassing odbc drivers all together. More coding but at least no layer between my program and the dbase files.
Anyway, just tried WDSibyl again, using unixODBC and the included SampleDBF, created a grid to display the records but the field names and their contents only gets partly display. Don't remember the exact error message but I believe it was something about reading the SQLColAttributes. Anyoone else seen this?
ak120
Beitrag von ak120 »

CDBFLite is still available:
http://www.whitetown.com/cdbflite/

The other was Bullet/REXX that should be downloadable from os2site.com
Antworten