Warpstock Europe 2020

(DE) Informationen und Einladungen zu OS/2 & eCS Usertreffen
(EN) Informations and invitations for OS/2 & eCS Meetings
Guzzi

Warpstock Europe 2020

Beitrag von Guzzi » Do 11. Jul 2019, 22:14

OS2Voice is asking for input for the location and date of Warpstock Europe 2020. We would prefer a location that is easy to reach by public transport. (air and train) We prefer a date somewhere around the last two weeks of May. There are some holidays in this period and e would like to know if we should plan in hose holidays or outside of them.Please make your suggestions before the end of July.

Bjorn.

ThomasOF

Beitrag von ThomasOF » Do 18. Jul 2019, 19:02

Hello,

maybe swizerland is a good location? So Silvan may take part with low expenses.
Or if not, I can look in Offenbach.

Good luck.
Thomas

Guzzi

Beitrag von Guzzi » Do 5. Sep 2019, 00:51

Sorry for the late reply. been waiting for more input....

Switzerland is a bit too expensive. Offennbach may be a very good location, close to Frankfurt. Another possible location is Hamburg. Voice is inclined to organise Warpstock Europ this year in Germany because most of the private users of OS/2 and it's successors are in Germany. However, this means that we need local support in finding a location that can accommodate us for a fair price Someone who will do the legwork.( Warpstock runs at a small loss, covered by Voice, but we'd rather put your money in software development). The fallback location will be Utrecht like last year. I'd very much appreciate it if anyone in Germany would want to do part of the organising for us, i.e. finding and booking a suitable location, agreeing with a nearby hotel on discounts for participants, guidelines for public transport from airport the the location, usw.

Back in the day local user groups would take care of all this. These days are long gone. Still we hope for some help and input.

(And yes, Sigurd, Cologne is certainly an option too, and we are well aware of your organisational skills).

Bjorn.

Sigurd

Beitrag von Sigurd » Do 5. Sep 2019, 19:52

Guzzi hat geschrieben:
Do 5. Sep 2019, 00:51
Sorry for the late reply. been waiting for more input....

Switzerland is a bit too expensive. Offennbach may be a very good location, close to Frankfurt. Another possible location is Hamburg. Voice is inclined to organise Warpstock Europ this year in Germany because most of the private users of OS/2 and it's successors are in Germany. However, this means that we need local support in finding a location that can accommodate us for a fair price Someone who will do the legwork.( Warpstock runs at a small loss, covered by Voice, but we'd rather put your money in software development). The fallback location will be Utrecht like last year. I'd very much appreciate it if anyone in Germany would want to do part of the organising for us, i.e. finding and booking a suitable location, agreeing with a nearby hotel on discounts for participants, guidelines for public transport from airport the the location, usw.

Back in the day local user groups would take care of all this. These days are long gone. Still we hope for some help and input.

(And yes, Sigurd, Cologne is certainly an option too, and we are well aware of your organisational skills).

Bjorn.
Vielen Dank dür die Lorbeeren, aber ich stehe dafür nicht zur Verfügung.
OS/2 versus Hardware - Maximum Warp!