Warpstock Europe 2019

(DE) Informationen und Einladungen zu OS/2 & eCS Usertreffen
(EN) Informations and invitations for OS/2 & eCS Meetings
Guzzi

Warpstock Europe 2019

Post by Guzzi » Tue 5. Mar 2019, 00:48

http://www.warpstock.eu/

The page says that currently a social even on Friday is not planned. I will arrive Friday afternoon and if anyone is interested, book a restaurant for a group. Visiting a few bars is also an option, first round is on me (Out of my own pocket, not Voice funds)

Let me know here, might take a while for me to react, don't check this site daily.
Last edited by Guzzi on Tue 5. Mar 2019, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Müller

Post by Thomas Müller » Mon 11. Mar 2019, 20:02

Hello Guzzi,

it would be nice to have a schedule in time as a basis for a decision whether to participate or not.

Thomas

_diver

Post by _diver » Wed 13. Mar 2019, 15:59

Thomas Müller wrote:
Mon 11. Mar 2019, 20:02
Hello Guzzi,

it would be nice to have a schedule in time as a basis for a decision whether to participate or not.

Thomas
I doubt the schedule will be around soon. As usually with WSE all is at the last second.
I'm pretty sure some developers will be there as well as representatives from bww bitwise works GmbH and Arca Noae

Guzzi

Post by Guzzi » Sun 17. Mar 2019, 02:25

Sylvan is right. There are several reasons for the schedule always being late. The event is basically organised by one man, Roderick, and he works a full time job as well.Je a+sp has health issues currently. Usually quite a few of the presentations are last-minute entries, this has to do with cancellations and others willing to fill up the gaps. It takes quite a bit of work to organise such an event. That being said, I will ask Roderick to provide a preliminary schedule ASAP. One thing is sure, at any WSE there are always interesting presentations and usually breaking news announcements, like a new browser being available right now. No, not this time, we still need more sponsoring and a few months of work om QT before browser development can start). Apart from announcements and presentations, WSE is an excellent opportunity to meet other members of the community Because it is an international event, there will be participants from the USA, Germany, Russia, the Netherlands and possibly other countries.

mseidel

Post by mseidel » Sun 17. Mar 2019, 17:31

I am planning to be there at least on Saturday... ;-)